Learn legally complaint best practices to keep a business productive and out of court and steps a firm can take immediately to avoid a bad hire.
This session will review the top ten trends and best practices for 2015 when it comes to background checks and safe hiring, including "Ban the Box, class action lawsuits over the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the use of social networking sites, the EEOC approach to the use of criminal records and credit reports, international background screening, resume fraud, dealing with temporary workers, privacy and off shoring of personal data, and tools to protect against workplace violence.
Why should you attend: Employers have long recognized that conducting due diligence on new hires is a mission critical task. Firms cannot afford to be sidetracked by employee problems such as workplace violence, theft, false resumes, embezzlement, harassment or trumped-up injury claims. Employers can be sued for negligent hiring if they hire someone they should have known, through the exercise of due diligence, was dangerous, unfit, dishonest or unqualified.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Learn why background checks and due diligence have become mission critical for employers
- Understand the current trends, best practices and legal developments affecting due diligence and hiring
- Understand why there has been a dramatic increase in class action lawsuits over background checks
- Get acquainted with cutting edge issues such as the new EEOC focus on criminal records and credit reports and the use of social network sites
- Understand the very real threat of lawsuits including class action suits against employers that fail to screen or fail to follow the law
- Learn steps employers can take immediately to help ensure legal compliance
- How to deal with "Ban the Box" rules concerning criminal records
Who Will Benefit:
- Hiring Managers
- Human Resources Processionals
- Risk Managers
- Fraud Investigators
- In-house Counsel
- Labour Attorneys